Description and Geography
A former battlefield fortress, currently known as the city of alchemy.
|Taillteann, called the "Town of the Alchemists", is a fortified city located in a region known for its flat, fertile lands. The entire region is located on a plateau, and the city is the Aliech Kingdom's main source of crops.
The city officially does not have a cleric, but has appointed a Royal Guard Physician to tend to the city's healing needs. Similarily, there is no Blacksmith or weapons shop.
- The supply guards will sell equipment to a player of any race or allegiance and a Human character allied to a supply guard's race will not receive any allied discount.
- Each race's supply guard sells at least some equipment that the others don't, where the unique items are usually race specific.
- Each expeditionary force's acting leader will do blacksmith repairs for players of any race or allegiance, however, their repair success rates differ, where Andras is 96%, Granat is 97% and Karpfen is 95%.
- The Graveyard sits at the northeast of the city.
- The Taillteann Expeditionary force Headquarters lie inside the northern part of the city.
- The Druid's House, home of Berched, also serves as the magic repairs and Spirit Weapon place. It is located northeast of the city.
- The Beacon Mounds, outside of Taillteann's town walls, serve as vigil posts and are built on top of hills. There is one in the east, another in the south, and a third in the west.
- Farmland can be found mostly at the south of the city.
- The Stonehenge at the northwest serves as the entrance for the Shadow Realm of Taillteann.
The First Battle of Mag Tuireadh took place on its plains. To commemorate Lugh's victory, a statue of him stands in the town's square, riding a unicorn.
As it has been a long time since Elves, giants and humans mingled in Taillteann, the city is generally more welcoming to non-humans than other cities in Uladh.
Areas of interest
- Alchemy Shop
- Clothing Shop
- General Shop
- Healer's House
- Housing Board (Town Square)
- Receivable Quest Board (Stonehenge, Town Square)
- Shadow Mission Bulletin (Stonehenge)
- Trading Post
- Weapon Shop (Supply guards)
|Whither Goes the Wind
|The Clearing Skies
- Taillteann is named after the real-world Tailtin, the place where Lugh supposedly buried his foster-mother Tailtiu.
- The mythological Tailtiu died preparing farmland for Ireland, which may explain Taillteann's Farming mechanic.
- The statue of Lugh in Taillteann uses a Longsword for the model of Pragarah.
- The props near Pierrick's shop spin upon being hit.
- A white violet is placed on top of a certain grave to indicate a certain NPC supposedly visiting it every single day.
- Performing a Freestyle Jam at the Graveyard will cause bats to appear during the action.
- Humans allied with either the Elves or the Giants will not receive any discount in Taillteann.
- Taillteann is the only city in Uladh that has no indoors locations.