Description and Geography
Rano is the part of Iria that Uladh's humans have just recently discovered as of the events of Generation 4. They have established an outpost, known as Qilla Base Camp, at the southwestern tip of the region. Explorers and Adventurers alike have flocked to visit the exotic new land; various Artifacts and Exploration Treasures can be found scattered across the land.
Stepping on all landmarks will reward the "The Explorer of Rano" title.
- You do not need to visit the Monkey Mark to receive the title.
- The Human Mark, east of Maiz Prairie, a vast plain.
- The Flower Mark, in the center of Maiz Prairie;
- The Sheep Mark, northeast of Muyu Desert, a dry desert where the remnants of an old civilization may be found;
- The Bird Mark south of Muyu Desert;
- The Snake Mark south of Karu Forest, a forest of large, tall trees where mushrooms may be found at night;
- The Tree Mark east of Karu Forest;
- The Sun Mark in Kaypi Canyon, where the terrain varies greatly;
- The Monkey Mark in Nubes Mountains, a hilly region leading to Solea.
Areas of Interest
|Hazelnut Mushroom||Mushroom Gathering||Karu Forest (Night time)|
|Brown Pine Mushroom||Mushroom Gathering||Karu Forest (Night time) |
Week days only
|Gold Mushroom||Mushroom Gathering||Karu Forest (Night time) |
- Karu Dungeon
- Maiz Dungeon
- Uladh (Through Port Qilla)
- Connous (East)
- Solea (Northwest)
- Courcle (North)
- Nemeton (Storyline-only)
Exploration and Artifacts
- Concept artwork depicts greco-roman-looking ruins in Rano that are never actually found there.
- Despite being part of Rano, Nubes Mountains is separated from Rano map-wise.
- It is also one of the few regions in Iria where flight is impossible.
- According to the Mystery of the Karu Forest, Karu's trees are known as Tikka.
- According to an ancient book, a meteorite fell in Muyu Desert and the poisonous material started to change the once beautiful land into a desert.
- Kaypi is the Quechuan word for this is/here/here is. It is made up of the word kay (this, being, existence, or to be) and the locative suffix -pi (meaning at the or at).
- Canyon comes from the Spanish word cañón meaning canyon/cannon/tube, itself formed from caño (tube) and the augmentative suffix -ón (typically used to denote largeness, emphasis, and large quantity).
- Together, Kaypi Canyon as a whole could be seen as meaning something like "this here is the canyon".
- A good amount of the exploration quests of rano reference obscure myths.
- The area around Kaypi Canyon's Sun Mark was reworked with the Generation 18 Iria renewal.
- Likewise, Muyu Desert's Ruins and dragon bones were added with it.